Tuesday, March 23, 2010

nostalgia.

It's spring break.

"Calamity Jane" was on tonight. You know, the one with Doris Day, circa 1953? The best Western musical, well, EVER? "At last my heart's an open door, and my secret love's no secret anymore"?

Yes, that one.

I planned on watching it during the commericals of "Golden Girls," but that didn't work out. I couldn't turn it off. Isn't it funny how a movie can bring back memories? Okay. Well. Maybe it's just me.

While I was watching Adelaid Adams- not the real Adelaid, though- I thought of Grandma.

When I was in probably the seventh grade, I had to write a report on a Western character. Western like cowboys and indians. I got Calamity Jane. And I had no idea who Calamity Jane was. I asked Grandma- she was old, right?- and she just came back the next day with a VHS in hand. That was the first time I watched "Calamity Jane." And, seriously, I was obssessed with her the rest of the year. I wanted to be Calamity.

I miss the old days. Even though I'm not old enough to have old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment