Tuesday, February 2, 2010

indescribable.

I love the color of the sky right after it's snowed. It's my favorite color in the whole world. It's almost grey, but not really. It's not blue, either. There's so much in there- lilac, periwinkle, gold, silver, etc. (I'm seeing newly opened boxes of Crayola as I write this)
It's beautiful. Those are the little things that make me think of God.
I wish I found more of those things throughout the day. I mean- I know there are countless "little things" that should make me think of Him. But I only catch a few. Like the color of the sky right after it's snowed.
Divine.
Exquisite.
Radiant.
Stunning.
I took a walk the second snow day. I took the Rebel with me. I ended up taking around 150 pictures. There were a select few that I thought captured my feelings that day. Those pictures- brace yourself, this might sound a little odd- were a form of worship for me. Those pictures might just be downright terrible photography- but I took them thinking of God's creation, and how Divine, Exquisite, Radiant, and Stunning it is.
I love my Adonai. I love His indescribable Works.
Indescribable, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing, God
All powerful, untameable
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing, God
- Indescribable, Chris Tomlin
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
- Psalm 139:23-24 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment