Friday, February 19, 2010

tolerate.

I have a hard time with tolerance.

I have my beliefs, and I like to think that I stick to them, yet keep an open mind.

But- honestly- I'm not so sure I do.
Sometimes I just nod and agree.
Sometimes I won't listen to anyone I do not agree with.

I want to have an open mind. I want to believe what I choose to believe. Is that possible? Does that make sense?

  • I do not believe in abortion.
  • I am economically conservative.
  • I believe that same sex couples deserve more rights, even if I do not agree with their "lifestyle," as people call it.
  • I do not think a woman should be president.
  • I believe war is necessary sometimes.
  • I believe in freedom of speech.
  • I find the Patriot Act unpatriotic.
  • I want to help others.

Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps my beliefs will change as I grow up and mature. Maybe you don't agree with me. Maybe I don't agree with you. That's okay. There's no such thing as black and white.

I want an open mind. I want to not judge. With the grace of my God alone can I do that.

  • I believe my God is real.

Sometimes I feel guilty because I can't even look at other religions. I know Who's real. But in this world of political corrected-ness, I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to know that.

But I know Who is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment