Sunday, January 17, 2010

joy.

Why aren't I joyful? Why don't I sing praises to God every moment of every day?

In Haiti, they're singing praises.

"Prayers of thanksgiving and cries for help rose from Haiti's huddled homeless Sunday, the sixth day of an epic humanitarian crisis that was straining the world's ability to respond and igniting flare-ups of violence amid the rubble of Port-au-Prince."
- AP
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100118/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_haiti_earthquake

I live in a comfortable American home. I've been shopping twice in the past week. I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner today. I'm sitting in a padded chair typing on a computer in a warm house.

Why aren't I screaming my thanks to the heavens? While Haitians are dying, I am complaining that our kitchen isn't done being remodeled yet. What's wrong with me?

"Prayers of thanksgiving... rose from Haiti's huddled homeless Sunday..."

I want to help them. I want to pray every second for them. I love them, and I don't even know them.

I'm so thankful for His grace.

"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins."
- Romans 3:23-24 (New Living Translation)

1 comment:

  1. "I love them, and I don't even know them."

    One of the most powerful things I've ever heard.
    (:

    ReplyDelete