Sunday, January 24, 2010

trumpets.

Ahhh. Long weekend. Midstate.

Melodramatic post time!

You know, pain is real. I can't ignore that. Sometimes things are easier to say, hey, that's not real. It doesn't affect me.

Take Haiti, for example. I'm not in Haiti- I'm in Tennessee. So then, what does Haiti matter to
me? Why should their pain matter to me?

Because. It's real.








Toddlers hit their heads on tables. Fathers get fired. People die.

Pain.
Is.
Real.

It's fact. It's logic. It's science.

"You may not like it, but we need pain. Pain acts as a warning system that protects you. Pain says, "Warning, Warning....stop what you doing and do something else." Pain also helps healing...because an injury hurts, you rest."
- http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/pain.html

The quote above is taken from a neuroscience for kids article. I think, in it's simplicity, it says what I want to say.

"Everytime I see you, I still hear trumpets."
- 1000 Times a Day, The Early November

No comments:

Post a Comment