Saturday, January 2, 2010

to do list.

I'm not much of a New Year's Resolution kind of person. I think they're silly. But, I will make a to do list.

2009 was a learning year for me. Beginning of junior year, driving, Governor's School, new friendships, oh so many mistakes and overreactions (I'm an expert at overreacting), and all of the everything that goes on within the span of 365 days.

2010, I want you to help me complete my to do list. Here it is (somewhat abridged):

1. Learn to cook (not bake).
2. Write letters to people I love.
3. Pray and read the Bible. Every day.
4. Start riding horses again.
5. Take a class in Zumba or Yoga.
6. Dress better.
7. Study biology.
8. Keep up with current events and have an informed opinion.
9. Read The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.
10. Be more honest.
11. Expand my vocabulary and use French as often as possible.
12. Get a summer job.
13. Stop saying "Oh my God" and "[insert subject here] sucks."
14. Write another story.
15. Get my GPA back up and make a 30 on the ACT (fingers crossed!).
16. Apply to colleges and make a tentative decision.
17. Acquire a strand of real pearls.
18. Use lotion every day.
19. Go to bed earlier.
20. Redecorate my room.
21. Go to the symphony.
22. Visit a nursing home.
23. Tell someone about Jesus.
24. Be far more polite and respectful.
25. Keep a journal.

It's a little edited from my full version, which I wrote out in my journal (#25!). But there it is. My to do list for 2010.

Here's to hopes for the year 2010.

1 comment: