Saturday, January 9, 2010

snow days.

I hate snow. But I really love snow days.
Missing school, shopping extravaganzas, staying up late (I've really got to stop that), movie nights, new discoveries, and many other things.
I have discovered upon this long weekend:

1. Starbucks has a rewards program. And it is awesome. Completely free. You get benefits after only 5 purchases. All you have to do is grab a gift card, load it up, and use it when you get your grande soy mocha gingerbread chocolate strawberries and cream celery frap no whip. https://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards/#num=01&id=Rewards_Home

2. Gap jeans are very expensive. Well, if you consider $80 a pair expensive- I do. So. eBay. Just so you know.

3. I created a Twitter. Yes, I finally gave in. I have been under the pressure of my peers since shortly before this summer, in order to follow friends involved in drum corps. Well, never did. But now I have. So this summer, I'll keep in touch. And- once I completely figure it out (help would be appreciated; it's not the simplest thing in the world)- it really is cool.

4. Ah. The Oatmeal. Just look at it. Trust me. (Okay. So it can be a hit-or-miss. But most of the time, the former. I like it. Just check it out and see for yourself.
http://theoatmeal.com/

5. Finally, I've saved (what I think to be) the best for last: StumbleUpon. This website is probably my favorite ever. Way beats social networking. You just join- it does involve a tool bar, but it's worth it!- and stumble! It takes you to random websites that relate to your interests (it surveys your interests- no psychics). StumbleUpon is the best. No, seriously.

I am thankful for
Snow days.

No comments:

Post a Comment