Friday, December 18, 2009

i am intrepid.

I really want to take a walk. Out in the middle of nowhere. Be alone. Breathe really really deep. Fill up my lungs. Take a look at things. Form a proper perspective.

I am a fiasco.

"There's a difference between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is merely the absence of success. Any fool can achieve failure. But a fiasco, a fiasco is a disaster of epic propotions. A fiasco is a folk tale told to other's to make other people feel more alive because it didn't happen to them."
- Elizabethown (2005)

Elizabethtown is one of my favorite movies of all time. And this is one of the lines that has always stuck with me.

I had a revelation a few months ago: I am a fiasco.

I began to believe that my entire life (or at least the past couple of years) has been a mistake. I began to regret.

I watched that movie, and I thought, Wow, I'm Drew Baylor.

Not literally, of course. He designed a shoe that failed, well, epically. I was only looking at my time as wasted, my friends not plentiful enough. I was ungrateful.

Then I found it. I found the truth. Veritas.

I am no fiasco.

God. The God of the Earth. The Creator. The Alpha, the Omega. Adonai. El Shadai. He created me. And because of that, I am no fiasco.

I am intrepid.

There's another line in Elizabethtown. "We are intrepid; we carry on."

Merriam-Webster defines Intrepid as "characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance"

And I believe that any believer is intrepid. We stand for God. We are absolute.

Please, God. Please help me. I need you. With you, I am intrepid. I am fearless. I am strong. I endure.

"You're blessed when you've lost it all.
God's kingdom is there for the finding.
You're blessed when you're ravenously hungry.
Then you're ready for the Messianic meal.
You're blessed when the tears flow freely.
Joy comes with the morning."
-Luke 6:20-21 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment