Friday, December 11, 2009

quiet.

I love silence. When you can just think.

It's never really quiet anymore in my life. I'm either at school (where kids yell and fight and argue- yes, I am one of those kids) or at a rehearsal (music is not always soothing when you're the one making it- or rather, being yelled at because it's not perfect) or at home (it's loud here too- the TV is always on, or DeAnna's music, or mine).

I was reading a Facebook note today that mentioned quiet times. I never have a quiet time. That might be a good next step to take.

I've never really had a quiet time. It's been engrained in me for years that quiet times are the best way to get to God. I don't agree, necessarily. I do, however, believe that it's probably true for a lot of people. Being alone to sit and listen for Him.

"Be still, and know that I am God."
- Psalm 46:10a (NKJV)

I occasionally find time to read my Bible at night. Sort of dive in, you know? It always goes well after I start doing it. I become engulfed in God's Word, it's beauty. But so often, I'm "too tired."

Who am I kidding?

It's God. Am I really too tired? I've got to stop saying that. Seriously. I'm missing out!! Every time I do decide to stay up, I learn so much about Him. And it's awesome. And really, I mean, I can do it at other times. I'm busy, but I'm not too busy for God. I've just got to remember that.

"Feel
The sunlight on my face
You have brought me
Through this place
Jesus, Jesus
You found me
Through the long night
You led me
You set me free"
-You Led Me, BarlowGirl

So here's to quiet times and what they may (hopefully) become.

No comments:

Post a Comment