Wednesday, December 2, 2009

real.

reality.

i'm a very realistic person. sometimes a little skeptic of things. pretty cynical. sometimes for a good dose of dry humor for the rest of the world- sometimes for real. pessimistic.

but i do know these things:

1. there is always some kind of silver lining. i just have to look for it.
2. music is wonderful.
3. i'm growing up more quickly than i probably want to.
4. god is real.

i like reality. i like god. he's a good thing. for me, especially. so. he will be the focus of my life.

i want him to be the focus of my life. not silly things. not petty things. like music, my future, my friends, my family, my cat. it's ridiculous. he is too important to put anything below everything.

"what good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?"
- mark 8:36

i believe there are good things in the world. things i can love. things i can have fun with. live my life. but i also believe that i have to learn to put god first.

because he's real.

so i'm going to do that. i'm going to include him in the things i love. i will say a prayer before that silly math test that i may just fail tomorrow. i will thank him every time i have a good talk with a friend.

i need what's real. i need reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment